Vamos a la Playa
Each delegation group has its own vibe and inevitably its own inside jokes. I don't remember exactly how "vamos a la playa" (we go to the beach) became a saying, but it did. And not only for one group. It's a phrase that stuck. Here's how to use it:
- When everyone is sick of riding in the bus...vamos a la playa
- When we have been working really hard for days (like on a Mission of Healing)...vamos a la playa
- It's hot...vamos a la playa
- What are we doing today? ... vamos a la playa
- I'm crabby...vamos a la playa
- I lost my itinerary...vamos a la playa
- While waiting for that last person who is always late...vamos a la playa
Did you know that September 1st is World Beach Day? ¡Vamos a la playa! No, really it is. And today, September 18th, is World Clean-Up Day. What should we do today? Vamos a la playa.
Actually, we went to the beach today because it is fun, and we could hang out with friends and family in a COVID-safe environment. Perhaps you are reading this and are stuck at home and sick of COVID and you didn't get to go to the beach on World Beach Day and you want to celebrate World Clean-Up Day. OK. Come on... ¡Vamos a la playa!
|Dear people, we need to do a better job of controlling plastic.|
This was left as the tide rolled out.
Next time you're in El Salvador, vamos a la playa.
Post a Comment